Shurdington Motorcycle Training
Important notice pleae read
When attending a motorcycle/moped training course please remember the following:
For all courses (except CBT) we must have details of your driver number at least one week before the start of the course. If we are
late notifying the DSA with your details, we cannot organize your practical/theory test. In the case of you theory test you will be
liable for the cost of another theory test plus any subsequent booking fees. In the case of a practical test you will lose your fee for
the test day training and practical test plus any subsequent booking fees. You will then need to arrange and pay fora new test day
and practical test.
Shurdington Motorcycle Training will endeavour to make your training as safe and enjoyable as possible. However, there is always a
small element of risk in connection with the use of any motor vehicle, which cannot be totally eliminated. Unlike a car, your
instructor can have no direct control over your vehicle and ultimately it is your responsibility to ride safely. With this in mind you
must comply with the following:
Ensure that you are, and remain, fit to train. Only you know your physical and mental condition.
You must not be over tired, injured, or suffering from any ailment, which could affect your riding.
You must not have taken any drugs, which may affect your ability to ride.
You must inform your instructor if there are any problems in respect of the above or if any problems occur during your training.
You must ensure that you have adequate breaks for drinks and food and that you are properly clothed.
Do not feel pressured into anything if you are not confident. If you have any problems or concerns of any kind during training you
must bring them to the attention of your instructor.
All lessons are undertaken at the trainee's own risk.
Should you require any further advice or help please do not hesitate to give us a call. All courses are booked on the basis of the
information that you have given us; responsibility for ensuring that these details (including your licence entitlements) are correct, is
yours this includes how much previous riding experience you claim to have.
Terms and Conditions
These terms should be read as forming an agreement between Shurdington Motorcycle Training hereafter referred to as “SMT”, and
the student or customer hereafter referred to as “the student”.
1. All courses have been booked on the basis of the information supplied by the student to SMT. The responsibility for ensuring
that these details are correct (including licence entitlements), belongs to the student.
2. In the event of a mechanical breakdown or any other cause beyond the control of SMT.
SMT reserves the right to rearrange or rebook any course at the earliest convenient time to the student and to SMT.
3. The Student/Instructor ratio for each course will be at the discretion of SMT, and SMT will determine the aptitude of the student
for each course.
4. All mopeds/motorcycles are hired to the student by SMT and are insured fully comprehensively against accidental damage.
HOWEVER, the excess for the policy is £250. This means the student is liable for the first £250 of any claim or any damage made to
the SMT vehicle. In the event of such damage no further training will take place until the damage has been paid for.
The excess for the larger machines that are above 125cc is £500.00
5. It is a condition of participating in any course that the student:
(a) is duly licensed to ride a motorcycle/moped on the public highway in the United Kingdom;
**Students must have their full/provisional driving licence when attending a course **
No licence means the student cannot attend the course; this is a Driving Standards Agency regulation, and the course fees will be
forfeit. There are no exceptions;
(b) uses a moped/motorcycle, which, if not provided by SMT, must be road worthy and road legal and have valid insurance cover;
(c) be able to read a car number plate over a distance of 20.5 metres with or without glasses/lenses as required;
(d) wears suitable, protective clothing, including, a safety helmet that complies with UK legal requirements.
6. The student must, before commencing the course, make available for inspection by SMT; the student’s complete current (UK)
provisional/full driving licence. If using the student’s own moped/motorcycle this must be available for inspection along with the
student’s moped/motorcycle insurance policy, MOT test certificate (if required), road fund licence (tax
disc) and safety helmet.
7. If the student cancels their training course, then:
(a) If the student has given written notice of cancellation to SMT not less than 10 clear working days prior to the start of the course
the student will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid, providing the course is filled and completed by another student. If, however,
the course is not filled and completed by another student, the student will only be entitled to a refund of fees paid, less a cancellation
fee equal to the cost of the moped/motorcycle hire and 50% of the cost of the Instructors wages.
(b) If the student does not give 10 clear working days written notice of cancellation (from the first day or part of the course), then no
refund will be due and all fees will be forfeit.
(c) Any courses booked less than 10 clear working days before the start of the course date will not be eligible for a refund.
(d) If the student enters into an agreement for a full licence course (by booking such a course) and has started training (i.e. CBT or
theory test) no refund will be given should the student wish to cancel the remainder of the course.
(e) Any refunds will be subject to a £50.00 Administration charge in addition to any other cancellation fees.
8. Any training not taken and completed within 12 months of the payment date is void.
9. Courses, or payments for courses, are non transferable.
10. Gift Vouchers are non refundable.
11. The student must arrive in plenty of time to allow for the course to start on time. Lateness could result in loss of training fees, and will
result in loss of fee for CBT courses. Failure to attend will result in loss of fees.
12. SMT accepts no liability for any claim, loss, damage, or expense arising out of the acts or omissions of SMT, its employees, or agents,
unless those acts or omissions are caused by the negligence or wilful default of SMT, its employees, or agents.
13. The Student will be liable to reimburse SMT against any claim, loss, damage or expense incurred by SMT as a result of a breach
of any of these terms and conditions by the student (for example, in failing to maintain valid insurance cover), to the extent that such
claim, loss, damage or expense results from such breach.
14. Other than deposits, any monies paid by credit card will incur a 3% surcharge with a minimum payment of £3.50. Cheques are not accepted as
15. These terms and conditions must be signed by the student in the presence of a SMT member of staff before a course can start.
Training will not commence unless these terms have been agreed to. Failure to agree to and sign these terms will result in a loss of
Where the student is under 18 years of age the terms and conditions must be signed by a parent or guardian of the student.
We (the signed below) have read the terms and fully agree to the above conditions.
*delete as appropriate
Customer/Parent/Guardian* Signature Name